Who doesn’t like broccoli with cheese sauce? Warm up with this delicious cheesy broccoli soup inspired by this yummy broccoli dish. Great on its own, or with a crusty bread roll.
3 cups chicken stock
1 Top Taste broccoli head, cut in to florets
1 brown onion, diced
375mL light evaporated milk
1 cup grated light tasty cheese
- Melt butter in a pan over medium heat.
- Once butter is melted and frothing slowly add in flour while constantly stirring.
- Lower heat and stir until mixture is golden.
- Add onions and continue stirring until onions are soft.
- Add stock, diced onion and broccoli and stir to combine.
- Increase to high heat and stir occasionally until the soup comes to the boil.
- Reduce heat to medium and continue to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in milk and leave covered to simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in the cheese until melted and combined. Serve.Serves 3-4