Enjoy Easter from your garden by making these super cute Easter strawberries! End your Easter dinner with these deliciously sweet treats, or use them as a tasty centre piece on your Easter table.
250g TopTaste strawberries
250g white cooking chocolate
Food colouring (We used red, green and blue)
Writing icing (You can buy this in tubes in the baking aisle at your local supermarket.)
Cardboard box, or styrofoam to hold strawberries.
- Wash strawberries and dry them completely.
- Put a skewer in the top of each strawberry, making sure it does not pierce the other side.
- Melt one third of the chocolate, add two drops of your desired colouring and mix until colour is consistent.
- Spoon chocolate over a strawberry, holding it down to allow it excess to drip off the tip. Place skewered strawberry in your holder to dry. Repeat with 1/3 of the strawberries.
- Melt another third of your chocolate and add a different colour. Repeat steps 3-4.
- Repeat steps 3-5 with the final third of your chocolate and strawberries.
- Place strawberries in the fridge to set for at least 30 minutes.
- Remove strawberries from fridge. Get out your icing pens and decorate as you please.
- Remove strawberries from skewers. Serve.Makes around 15 strawberries in three colours.
You can use more than three colours of chocolate, just divide your chocolate into your desired number of batches.