Lavender brings an exciting floral twist to this traditional recipe. Perfect for a tea party, a gift, or just because, lavender shortbread is sure to please!
125g butter (softened)
⅓ cup caster sugar
1 ½ cup plain flour
1 ½ tbls dried lavender buds
Extra caster sugar for topping
- Preheat the oven to 190 Degrees Celsius
- Cream the butter and sugar together
- Stir in the flour until totally combined
- Turn onto a floured surface and roll out until 1cm thick
- Use a cookie cutter to cut hearts from the dough
- Place on a lined baking tray
- Roll out off cuts and repeat steps 5-6 until finished
- Sprinkle shortbread with extra sugar
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until short bread is golden (Watch out! It will burn quickly!)
- Cool on a wire rack before eating
- For less cleaning up, roll your dough on a large chopping board.
- If your cookies look like they are melting before you get them in the oven, place them in the fridge to chill for 15 minutes before baking.