Big tomato crop? Oven dried tomatoes are great in cooking, on sandwiches and in salads, or even on their own. Their rich tomato flavour is delicious and the drying process will ensure that your lovingly cared for crop doesn’t go to waste!
8-10 medium to large Top Taste tomatoes, cut in half, lengthways (we used Super Roma)
Salt to taste
- Preheat the oven to 150 degrees C
- Line a baking tray with baking paper
- Place the tomatoes, cut side up on the tray
- Bake in the oven for 2-3 hours or until the tomatoes are dry around the sides, still soft in the middle and juices have stopped running.
- Remove from oven and leave to cool completely on a wire rack.
- Place tomatoes in a sterilised jar and cover with olive oil, store refrigerated. Alternatively place the tomatoes in a snap lock bag and freeze.