This pizza is simple, packed full of vitamins and minerals and tastes amazing! Enjoy it for dinner, and then take the leftovers for lunch the next day (if there is any left).
2 cloves Top Taste garlic, minced
1 tsp of lemon zest
4tbs olive oil
5-6 stalks of Top Taste rainbow silverbeet, leaves sliced and stems finely chopped
1 Top Taste red onion, finely sliced
2 tbs lemon juice
Parmesan cheese, grated
Small tub of bocconcini
2 small pizza bases
Salt to taste
- Place your pizza trays in the oven to warm and preheat oven to 200C
- Place the minced garlic and lemon zest in a bowl and cover with 2tbs of the oil
- Heat the rest of the olive oil in a pan on high heat
- Once the oil is heated add the onion to the pan, stirring occasionally, but do not let burn
- Once onion is browned and has softened, lower the heat to medium and add the silverbeet stalks, sauté until stalks are soft
- Add the silverbeet leaves to the pan and continue to cook until the leaves have wilted, remove from heat.
- Add the lemon juice and salt to the silverbeet and stir to combine.
- Spread the olive oil and garlic mix over each pizza base and top with an even layer of grated parmesan.
- Top each pizza with an even amount of the silverbeet and scatter over some torn bocconcini to finish
- Place on the warmed pizza trays and bake in the oven for ten minutes, or until cheese is melted and base is golden.Serves two.
- If you love meat on your pizza try adding some bacon or prosciutto to the base of the pizza (under the silverbeet)
- If you cannot find pre-made pizza bases, or want a lighter option; try a pita bread base