This roasted capsicum salad is a fresh and flavoursome way to add excitement to your capsicums.
4 large Top Taste capsicums (we used 2 Amigo red and 2 Amigo gold), halved, stalk, pith and seeds removed.
1/2 Bunch Watercress, stalks removed
Small Top Taste basil leaves for garnish
Parmesan shaved for garnish
Pepper to taste
1 Small Top Taste garlic clove, crushed
60mL Olive oil
2 tsb red wine vinegar
1 tsp sugar
Salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Place capsicums on a foil lined baking tray and drizzle with olive oil.
- Roast for 40 minutes until softened and lightly charred.
- In the meantime make your dressing by combining all dressing ingredients and whisking until combined, set aside.
- Remove capsicums from oven and place in a bowl. Cover with plastic wrap. Set aside for ten minutes.
- Slice capsicums into 2cm thick strips, then set aside to cool completely.
- Once capsicum is cool toss with watercress, drizzle over the dressing and garnish with basil and cheese.
- Top with freshly ground pepper.
You can also preserve roasted capsicum by placing in a sterile jar and covering with 1 part red wine vinegar and 4 parts olive oil. Seal immediately. You can store preserved capsicums for up to six months in the fridge.