Yummy Chilli con carne is a lovely way to bring out the flavour of chilli in this easy to prepare, yet impressive dish.
Ingredients for Chilli con carne:
2 tbsp olive oil
2 Top Taste brown onions, chopped
2 Top Taste garlic cloves, crushed
500g lean beef mince
250ml/9fl oz red wine
400g can whole tomatoes, chopped
2 tbsp tomato paste
2 red TopTaste chillies, thinly sliced
1 green red TopTaste chilli, thinly sliced
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp paprika
1 beef stock cube
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
400g can red kidney beans, drained
1 large bunch Top Taste coriander, ¾ chopped, ¼ reserved for garnish
- Heat the oil in a cast iron or heavy based saucepan. Fry the onion and garlic on medium heat until softened.
- On high heat add the mince, break down the mince while cooking, until brown and broken up.
- Pour in the red wine and boil for 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in the tinned tomatoes, tomato paste, cumin, dried coriander, paprika, and the stock cube. Add 1/3 of the red and green sliced chilli, reserving the other 1/3 for garnish.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring to the boil, then lower heat and cover with a lid and simmer for 25-35 minutes, stirring occasionally until the mixture is rich and thickened.
- Add the beans and the chopped fresh coriander. Cook for a further ten minutes.
- Serve with rice, and garnish with sliced chilli and reserved coriander.