This natural beetroot lip and cheek tint is fast and easy to make and gives both your lips, and cheeks a pretty pink tint.
1 small or 1/2 large Top Taste globe beetroot, cubed
1/3 cup food grade vegetable based glycerin (buy from your local health food store)
- Using a small saucepan and a metal bowl large enough to place on top (or a double boiler) heat up some water in the saucepan to a roiling boil
- Place the beetroot and glycerin in the bowl and heat on the stove above your saucepan of boiling water for 30 minutes
- Take your bowl off the stove (be careful, its hot!), your glycerin should be a lovely rich red by now.
- Pour your beets and glycerin through a fine sieve into a clean jug, pushing gently down on the beets to let all liquid through.
- Decanter liquid into sterilised jars using a clean funnel
- Let cool and use within 4 months. If the liquid becomes murky or it smells funny, please use common sense and through it out.
How to use:
Use it just like a commercial tint by taking a small amount on your finger and lightly blending it into the apples of your cheeks, or your lips. For a more intense colour use more than one layer of tint. Here’s what it looks like on:
- See this post for instructions on how to sterilise jars
- If you cannot find little glass jars search through your makeup bag for a lipgloss tube or lip balm tub you no longer use. Clean it out with hot soapy water. If plastic, be careful when sterilising, as it may not hold up to the heat glass can. In this case, we might suggest skipping sterilisation and storing your tint in the fridge.