Caramelised pears, this dessert is absolutely delicious, if you are a sweet-salty fan you must try this garden-picked, marjoram inspired dessert at home.
[caption id="attachment_5434" align="alignnone" width="300"] caramelised pears[/caption]
Caramelised Pear Ingredients:
2 ripe pears (we used William Bartlett), halved and cored
4 sprigs of Top Taste marjoram, chopped
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup sugar
3 Tbs butter
Gorgonzola or other cheese, at room temperature
Extra marjoram for garnish
- Place a baking paper lined baking tray in the freezer to cool
- In medium pan combine honey, sugar, chopped marjoram and butter.
- Heat until bubbling and frothy, add pears, cut side down, cover and cook 10-15 minutes until tender when pricked with a fork.
- Remove pears, place on serving dish.
- Pour the left over mixture onto the cold baking tray and spread out with the back of a spoon, allow to cool.
- In the mean time fill pears with crumbled cheese.
- Remove hardened caramel from the baking paper and use to decorate the pears.
- Scatter with fresh marjoram. Serve