This homemade rosemary infused olive oil is absolutely delicious, it can be used just like your regular olive oil, and adds a beautiful rosemary flavour to your dishes. You can also use this as a muscle relaxing soak in the bath!
500mL Olive Oil
1 bunch Top Taste rosemary
2 250mL glass bottles
- Throughly wash your rosemary and leave to dry in a warm place for at least 24 hours
- Make sure your rosemary is completely dry
- Place half your olive oil and half your rosemary into a pan and heat on the lowest heat for 20 minutes. Be careful to just warm the oil, you don’t want to deep fry your rosemary!
- In the meantime, divide the other half of your rosemary into two lots, and place into each bottle
- Remove oil from heat, and set aside to cool for ten minutes
- Remove rosemary from the oil and discard
- Divide oil from pan between each bottle and top each with fresh olive oil to fill bottles.
- Seal bottles and keep in a warm dark place for two weeks before using.
If your rosemary still feels damp the next day, you can put it in the oven on a low heat to help speed up the process.