This easy mayonnaise is so good you could almost eat it on its own. Enjoy with everything you would normally use mayonnaise for.
Basil Mayonnaise Ingredients
2 tbs white wine vinegar
Pinch of salt
1 clove Top Taste garlic (optional)
2 cups sunflower oil
1 bunch Top Taste basil (about 1 cup of leaves)
- Place eggs, vinegar, salt and garlic into a food processor and turn it onto medium-high.
- Gradually add the olive oil, at intervals until you have used all the oil and the mayo is thick.
- Add the basil and blend until the basil is in small pieces and mixed evenly throughout the mayo.
- Serve or store in a sterilised glass jar in the fridge for up to two weeks.
- If your mayo splits, or the oil will not blend into the mayo add a tiny bit of water and blend again. This should help to bring the mixture together.
- If you do not have a food processor you can use a whisk instead, however, this does require a strong arm!
This mayonnaise is really quick and easy to make, but if you are very time poor you can use store-bought whole egg mayonnaise and stir in a bunch of ripped basil. Add a clove of minced garlic for extra flavour.